Friday, December 13, 2013

Real: ridiculous edition


Unsurprisingly, not everything over here is fresh bread and symphonic music all the time.

Some ridiculous things in my general vicinity:

I hate spiders - This week, I found a big spider on the bathroom floor and proceeded to hop around shouting, "Oh, oh!" while throwing a magazine over it and dancing violently on top of the magazine. Then, to really feel confident that I'd completed the job, I also flushed the spider.

I leave projects half-finished - Currently, a large mound of crumpled, clean clothes sits in our bedroom armchair waiting to be sorted. This happens with some frequency.

I'm a scrooge - In talking with a colleague who will be working with me on Christmas day, I asked, "Why can't we give the kids their gifts in the afternoon?" To which she responded, "I don't celebrate Christmas, and even I know that you can't make a child wait until the middle of the day to open presents!"

I'm cold - At this very moment, I am wearing five pairs of socks and wishing that I could fit a sixth pair in my boots.

I need to clean more often  - While I was cleaning out the refrigerator last weekend, I found food that expired in 2011.

I wear children's gloves - I told my husband how happy I was that someone turned in my missing glove to the lost and found at the gym, to which he replied, "Well, it sort of looks like a kid's glove, and people are more likely to return a kid's glove."

I'm not great with a needle and thread - Two button-down shirts have been hanging out in our living room for a month, waiting to have buttons sewn back on.


Question - What's ridiculous in your neck of the woods? 





2 comments:

  1. I like your Scrooge story because that is so unlike you. I have years old mending that I am going to mend and give as Christmas presents this year (I hope.) I consider it a gift of my time. Some might consider it ridiculous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...thanks for the idea! Now I know what I'm getting everyone for Christmas. :-)

      Delete

Read something. See something. Think something. Share something.

I'd love to chat.