Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Best day



Tonight when asked about my day, I was delighted to discover that my reflexive response was, "It was the best day!"  

Here's why:

Our work holiday luncheon included a dessert potluck. Oh my!

My "jingle buddy" colleague nailed it, gifting me with really cool multi-colored mittens and what she described as "Israeli brownies." Perfect.

I discovered a hashtag that makes me want to happily hug myself - #bookwormproblems via Quirky Bookworm. Cue frequent, quiet chuckling.

Oh, and when I left the house this morning, despite all the icky slush, some pristine snow patches still remained. I'll take it while I can.


Question - I'm hopeful that you encountered some "best day"-ish things today. Anything?





6 comments:

  1. How awesome! Glad that #bookwormproblems was part of your best day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really made me smile and nod to myself somewhat crazily while on the train coming home.

      Delete
  2. Yesterday was a good day because I finished two Christmas presents I was working on after having homemade cookies at work.

    Liked both bookworm links. I think my favorite was "trying to choose my favorite five books is like trying to choose my favorite five organs."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I laughed over that again just now! I really believe these things. :-)

      Delete
  3. Aww! How perfect! Today has been pretty good... my husband is "working" from home and took my daughter out for the afternoon so I'm getting some unplanned down time. Much needed by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's the unexpected fun that's so thrilling. I hope your down time is lavishly filled with favorites.

      Delete

Read something. See something. Think something. Share something.

I'd love to chat.