These lemon energy bars are...
1. ...fresh-tasting. I wouldn't have imagined that snack bars could taste fresh, but these do.
2. ...healthy. You only need six ingredients and half of those are full of protein and fiber.
3. ...easy. Measure, chop, mix, press and refrigerate. That's it.
4. ...filling. One bar kept me full for two hours.
5. ...chewy. I don't like hard, crumbly food, but I'm a big fan of soft, chewy foods.
Wrap them in wax paper and stick them in your lunch. Treat yourself to a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. That's what I've been doing.
Notes - The changes I made were out of necessity instead of creativity. I used 12 ounces of dates instead of 1 pound, because the container I bought only had 12 ounces. I also omitted the lemon zest, because I lack a zester. It seems that my lack of zester is becoming a theme.