Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Worst Christmas?

There are many reasons why this Christmas promises to be the worst I have yet to experience:

1. No decorations
2. No cookies
3. No gift wrapping extravaganza
4. No greeting cards
5. No stocking excitement
6. No eager anticipation of a white Christmas
7. No holiday-themed novels
8. No red and green crafts
9. No listening to holiday songs while enjoying all the aforementioned things
10. No watching holiday movies while enjoying all the aforementioned things

My husband is accepting a new job. We're moving. We're in the middle of uprooting ourselves. We're turning from the comfort of our lives and the joys of the season.

I'm scared and anxious.

However, as a result of all those deterrents, this might be the best Christmas I've experienced.
I have never before experienced the power of Emmanuel, "God with us," like I have now.


candle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post. I need to remember this for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Read something. See something. Think something. Share something.

I'd love to chat.