Friday, December 31, 2010

Peanut butter brownies....and New Year's eve

2010 is ending with some sad things. Today, we were busy packing our stuff away...

Christmas decorations

...and working hard to make the house look like a Pier 1 catalog.


paint brush


While we're in the middle of these wearying tasks, I'm grateful for the thankful heart God has given me. Even though I'm sad, I'm also thankful for friends (locals who spent their New Year's eve helping us paint our basement) and family (parents who call to check on my head cold and a husband who reminds me that we're in this together).  

Knowing this New Year's eve was going to be quiet one, I thought peanut butter and chocolate might make it a bit more special.

While we were doing some last minute grocery shopping during our Christmas travels, I saw my favorite brownie box mix from yesteryear. This box mix reminds me of college, laughter and friends. So not surprisingly, I grabbed an armful of boxes.


box mixes


After bringing my treasure home, I remembered that, unlike in college, I actually bake things from scratch now. So, I combined my favorite brownie recipe with a 1 cup of peanut butter chips (omitting the chocolate chips and walnuts).  

Success!


peanut butter brownie


Regardless of all the unknowns in 2011...friends, family, peanut butter and chocolate seem like a pretty good way to kick off the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read something. See something. Think something. Share something.

I'd love to chat.